Are you looking to update your kitchen Blinds, but don’t know where to start? In this article, we’ve got you covered. As your kitchen is usually exposed to steam, grease, odours and more on a regular basis, it’s important that you’re able to find the perfect blend of style and durability for your windows. Check out our recommendations below.
The Top Features to Look out for When Choosing Your Kitchen Blinds
- Water resistance – When cooking or cleaning, your kitchen is likely going to experience a build-up of moisture and humidity. Choosing a water-resistant or waterproof Blind will safeguard you against any spillages and/or splashes, so you can maintain their pristine look
- Easy to clean material / fabric – The last thing you’ll want to worry about is how to remove stains from your kitchen Blinds, which is why it’s essential to choose a fabric that can easily be wiped clean – check out our guide to learn more about cleaning specific types of Blinds
- Privacy and light control – Regardless of whether you have a kitchen overlooking a street or garden, you’ll want a Blind that offers a view to the outside whilst protecting your privacy
- Colours and patterns that match your décor – From bright and vibrant kitchen interior schemes to contemporary, neutral colours, look for a palette that blends seamlessly with your walls and kitchen countertops
Best Blinds for Kitchens
Why Are Roller Blinds Suitable for Kitchens?
If you’re looking for a lightweight yet durable blind for windows around your sink, PVC Roller Blinds are a great option. With an easy-to-clean, water-resistant surface, any grease or spillages caused by cooking and washing up can simply be wiped away.
Roller Blinds also provide an excellent opportunity to add a personal touch to your kitchen. With their minimalist design, let your imagination run wild with a plethora of enticing colours and patterns.
What Else Should I Consider When Choosing Roller Blinds for a Kitchen?
- Lining types – If you want to improve shading in your kitchen or stop the sun in its tracks completely, we recommend choosing a blackout lining. To let a gentle hue of light filter into your space, opt for a light filtering Roller Blind instead
- Outside or inside your kitchen window recess – Roller Blinds inside your window recess take up less space, which is especially convenient for smaller kitchens. Whereas if you’re fitting a kitchen Roller Blind outside the recess, this will reduce light seeping in at either side of your blind, covering your recess completely. See the full list of pros and cons of fitting your blind inside and outside the recess in our guide
Why Are Faux Wood Venetian Blinds Suitable for Kitchens?
Enjoy the aesthetic appeal of real Wood Blinds alongside a host of additional practical features that Faux Wood Venetian Blinds offer your kitchen. Providing precise light control in any north or south facing kitchen with horizontal slats that rotate through tilt cords located at the left side of the blind, you can gain a near-perfect view of the outside while protecting your privacy.
These Venetian Blinds are also made from durable, easy to clean, PVC, so you won’t have to worry about wear and tear!
What Else Should I Consider When Choosing Faux Wooden Blinds for a Kitchen?
- Decide on a slat size – For improved light reduction and privacy when tilted, we recommend choosing a larger slat size as there’s less light seepage due to there being fewer slats. If you have a small kitchen window, small slats are generally more suitable, making your windows appear taller than they are
- With or without tapes – To create more of a statement in your kitchen windows, Faux Wooden Blinds come with a variety of vertical tapes running down both sides of the blind – you can also choose a different colour tape to your blind for a contrasting look, allowing your blind to stay on trend all year round
- Colours to suit your kitchen – Whether you’re after the natural look of real wood or a solid colour, Blinds 2go have Faux Wooden Blinds that feature both styles
Why Are Vertical Blinds Suitable for Kitchens?
A cost-effective yet versatile window covering, Vertical Blinds feature individual vertical louvres that rotate from left to right. These are perfect blinds for both small and large kitchen windows as they’re capable of creating a bright, airy ambience while offering light control and shading.
Whether you have a street or garden-facing kitchen, Vertical Blinds will help give your room some privacy. Made from durable, easy to clean fabric, they’re guaranteed to make a statement in your kitchen for years to come!
What Else Should I Consider When Choosing Vertical Blinds for a Kitchen?
- The type of Vertical Blind – As well as traditional Vertical Blinds, there are also Panel Blinds that add a contemporary, minimalist touch. Featuring larger vertical strips of fabric, they’re ideal for large windows and kitchens with patio doors
- Rigid PVC Vertical Blinds – Rigid PVC Vertical Blinds feature 100% waterproof louvres that are super easy to wipe clean, perfect for windows next to the sink! They’re blackout by nature too, allowing you to deflect sunlight throughout the day
Why Are Shutter Blinds Suitable for Kitchens?
With a sturdy outside frame and timeless aesthetic, Shutter Blinds are another ideal choice for kitchens with large windows. Featuring virtually indestructible waterproof slats that’ll truly withstand the test of time, they’re ever so easy to maintain, even when they’re exposed to some of the extremes of a kitchen environment, including grease, moisture and stains.
What Else Should I Consider When Choosing Shutter Blinds for a Kitchen?
- No Drill options – No Drill Shutter Blinds provide easier installation with no tools or drilling required, offering the elegance of a Shutter Blind without the hassle of fitting
To conclude, the best Blinds for your kitchen will depend on your preferences and interior scheme. If you’re looking for a durable Blind with robust slats, choose a Shutter Blind for a kitchen window, or to drape your space in darkness, choose a blackout Roller Blind. Now that you know the types of Blinds that are ideal for the kitchen, find out the best Blinds for your living room, bedroom, bathroom and more in our guide.