Plum & Raspberry Cobbler
Sweet, fruity and oh-so-delicious, this plum and raspberry cobbler is guaranteed to fill you up after a lovely lunch – just what you need to help yourself settle in for the night this winter.
For the Fruit-
- 800g plums (cut in half with stones removed)
- 200g raspberries
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 25g butter
For the topping-
- 100g cold butter, cut into cubes
- 225g plain flour, plus extra for dusting the work surface
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200ml buttermilk 1 tbsp caster sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Place the fruit in a gratin dish and sprinkle on the brown sugar. Break up the butter with your fingertips, dropping little bits on top of the fruit.
2. To make the topping, place the butter and flour in a food processor. Blend until the mixture has the texture of breadcrumbs, then stir in the brown sugar and baking powder. Add the buttermilk, whizz briefly and turn the dough out on to a floured work surface.
3. Form the dough into six scones and place these at regular intervals on top of the fruit. Sprinkle the caster sugar over the top of the scones and bake in the oven for 35 minutes. Serve with cream.