Hot Fruit Punch
For a slightly healthier, slightly fruitier option that still has that comfort food feel, this hot fruit punch recipe is just the thing.
- 2 x 15ml spoons soft brown sugar
- 6 cloves
- 3g cinnamon OR 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 litre apple juice
- 125ml cranberry juice
- 125ml pineapple juice
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- Put the sugar, spices and apple juice into a saucepan.
- Heat slowly on the hob, stirring until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat, cover and leave to infuse for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Strain the mixture in a sieve to remove the spices and add in the cranberry juice and pineapple juice.
- Cut the lemon and lime in half and squeeze the juice.
- Add the juice to the rest of the liquid.Warm the punch gently, do not let it boil.
- Slice the apple, lemon and orange into long 1cm thick wedges.
- Pour into cups or heatproof glasses and use tongs to put in slices of orange, lemon and apple as garnish