Last month, research we did showed that bedtime was the most stressful time of day for parents; with 29% of the parents surveyed citing this as the most demanding and challenging aspect of parenting. Bedtime even outranked shopping trips in its stress factor.
This got us thinking; we want to help.
Leah Brandwood, Head of Design at Blinds 2go, commented on the research:
“Creating the right environment for sleep is one way to make sure you child has fewer interruptions to their sleep pattern. We recommend blackout roller blinds for nurseries and children’s bedrooms, especially if you live in a noisy area or somewhere which is well-lit at night. Blackout roller blinds are also beneficial to parent’s bedrooms as well ensuring you all get sleep when you can.”
A further study looked at how the environment we sleep in affected sleep patterns, and factors including a cool, dark room were examined. Surprisingly this study identified that the colour the room was decorated in played a role in how well people slept. According to the study, if you want to ensure you have a good night’s sleep then it’s best to make sure you’re picking cooler colours. Some people find cool, plain bedroom walls limiting though, especially with the recent popularity in bold feature walls. However, a benefit of keeping it simple is that you can really express yourself when picking out the features and fittings, especially when it comes to the windows.
With this in mind, we launched our new digital print Children’s Blinds. The range has 24 playful designs to choose from, all immaculately printed onto blackout roller blinds, making them a fun, and wise, addition to your child’s bedroom.
Digital printing onto blinds has opened up so many new possibilities and been so much fun that we felt bad keeping all the fun to ourselves – so we decided to share. We’re giving you the chance to win your very own custom designed blind, in our new #DesignedByKids competition.
To enter simply upload your child’s drawing, to our Facebook or Twitter, and include the competition hashtag #DesignedByKids. The design can be hand drawn or digitally created, the choice is yours. We don’t mind how they come up with the final design, we just want them to have fun!
Once the competition has ended on the 31st March we will choose our favourite and the winner will have their design become a reality, as well as a £250 voucher to spend at Blinds 2go for the rest of your home.
So let your child’s imagination run wild.
Competition Terms & Conditions:
- The Closing date of the competition is 31st March 2015, 23:59 GMT
- This competition is open to all residents in the UK, excluding employees of Blinds 2go, their relatives and persons under 16 years of age (without parental consent).
- There will be no cash alternative to the prizes. Blinds 2go reserves the right to substitute the prizes for ones of equal or greater value.
- The winners will be contacted by 3rd April 2015 and will have a period of 3 weeks in which to claim their prize. If the main prize remains unclaimed, a further winner will be chosen and the process will be repeated until a selected entrant claims the prize or there are no more eligible entries, whichever comes first.
- Blinds 2go reserves the right to void any entry and/or cancel or modify the competition if it determines that for any reason the competition is not capable of running as originally planned due to fraud or technical failure, or any other causes which may have compromised the administration or fairness of the competition.